Saturday, January 07, 2012

Divisions

When I was small, I invented a division. There were people who smoked, and people who didn't smoke. More division followed, as I grew older. Fat people and thin people; old people and young people; kids who could read, and kids who couldn't; people who wore glasses, and those who didn't; adults who had friendly twinkly eyes, and those who didn't; kids who had Dads, and those that didn't; kids who were circumcised, and those I guessed weren't; kids who could sing like an angel, and those that were tone deaf; kids who got the cane often, and those that didn't; kids that wore underpants, and singlets, and those that didn't; kids who aimed at going to Uni, and those that didn't; kids who swore heavily; and those who swore lightly; kids who went away on holidays, and those that didn't; kids whose parents hired coaches from the power coaching college to help them keep up; and those who lost the plot, or had learning difficulties, or were dyslexic, or got beaten up at home, or abused; or were just naturally bright. Kids who went surfing before and after school; and those who never surfed; kids who were afraid of adults; and well adjusted kids who had natural leadership qualities; kids you were sexually attracted to, and kids you disliked with a passion. Kids who did their homework late at night, and kids who did it in the morning; on the bus, or the dog ate it (again); kids who lived in nice well ordered homes who always had great home prepared food in the fridge; or kids that had a hamburger on the way home from school, and that was it - dinner; kids who got bashed up after school because they were Jewish, or wogs. and those that just walked on by; teachers who called you by your first name, and all the other kids by first name; and teachers who treated you like scum; kids that swapped comics, and those that didn't; kids that wanked every day, or the rest who never talked about it; teachers who taught calculus ike it was the sexiest, most intriguing subject; and those who couldn't give a stuff what you made of it.
"Are you threatening me? Let me tell you, if you lay one finger on me, I will have you arrested and charged so fast like you wouldn't believe!"
What a great line, ( I never got to use) but if you went to school when I did, kids were punched, shoved into walls and even bitten by teachers who were plain psychopaths.
Any way the above divisions were there, some would apply today, but these days I take people as they are, as I would like them to take me, and my friends do. I found that you tend to attract the people who reflect the qualities you express. But you never should make rules about these things. If I ran into a fat, Jewish wog who didn't wear underpants or singlets; who was tone deaf etc, etc, he might turn out to be a great mate, (as long as he didn't smoke.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home